Thursday, June 14, 2012

it's a poor sort of memory that only works backwards...

I like to think of myself as a fairly intelligent person.  I pick things up easily.  I think things through.  I can figure out solutions to difficult problems.  I'm not a genius or anything.  Just not dumb.  Not just not dumb, but... I am smart.  Not overly educated (though I wish I were, and I suppose that says something) but smart enough, street-wise.  I guess.

Anyway, I'm not dumb.  But sometimes I make some dumb decisions.

In fact, I've made several.

I want a clean slate.  Forgive and forget.  Move forward.  Let go. 

The question is, can I do this?  Starting with myself?  And can others do the same?  I suppose the only one who really matters right now has already done so.  But what of everyone else?  And myself?  I suppose that's really the most important part.  Can I forgive myself?  And get over everything that has happened as a direct result of my actions?

Let's hope.


No comments:

Post a Comment